INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR AC CURRENT SWITCH (SW100)
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
The AC Current Switch (SW100) can be used to switch on and off remote devices with an amp draw up to 2.5 amps, (e.g. a Suncourt® Centrax® Centrifugal Fan). The AC Current Switch (SW100) will provide power to a remote device when the white (neutral) wire from a triggering device (e.g. a clothes dryer) carrying 1.2 – 40 amps passes through the center of the AC Current Switch (SW100).
WARNING - To reduce the risk of fire, electric shock, injury, or death, observe the following:
Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer. If you have any questions, contact the manufacturer.
Before servicing or cleaning unit, switch power off at service panel and lock service panel to prevent power from being switched on accidentally. When the service disconnecting means cannot be locked, securely fasten a prominent warning device, such as a tag, to the service panel. Suncourt Inc. does not provide electrical connection information. For your safety and protection follow all instructions and adhere to applicable building and/or electrical codes.
WARNING – Prior to Installation, switch the power off at service panel and lock service panel to prevent power from being switched on accidentally. Power must be off to the device you are switching and the device that you are sensing the current from.
WARNING - To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock or death, observe the following: Installation work and electrical wiring must be done by qualified person(s) in accordance with all applicable Codes and Standards, including fire-rated construction.
WARNING - The combustion airflow needed for safe operation of fuel burning equipment may be affected by this unit’s operation. Follow the heating equipment manufacturer’s guideline and safety standards such as those published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), and the American Society for Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and local code authorities.
AC CURRENT SWITCH MODEL SW100
Example for dryer sensing pictured below.
In this example the remote device is the Suncourt® Centrax® Centrifugal Fan model TF104.
Notes from page 1:
1. For best results, always begin by putting the dryer's white (neutral) wire through the hole of the AC Current Switch (SW100). This configuration works with most common dryers.
In some less common dryers, the neutral wire does not produce enough current to trigger the current switch. Remove the white (neutral) wire from the hole of the AC Current Switch (SW100) and insert either of the dryer's "hot" wires (red or black) instead. Always only put one conductor through the hole of the AC Current Switch (SW100) while keeping other conductors away.
ONE YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY
Subject to the following limitations, the manufacturer warrants to the original purchaser that each new product is free from defects in material and workmanship and agrees to repair or replace under this warranty any defective product or part as follows from the original date of purchase for a period of one (1) year.
THIS WARRANTY IS NOT TRANSFERABLE AND DOES NOT COVER:
1. Products sold damaged or incomplete, sold “as is”, sold reconditioned or used as rental equipment.
2. Delivery, installation or normal adjustments explained in the owner’s manual.
3. Damage or liability caused by shipping, improper handling, improper installation, incorrect voltage, current in excess of the 2.5 A switch rating or improper wiring, improper maintenance, improper modification, or the use of accessories and/or attachments not specifically recommended by the manufacturer.
4. Repairs necessary because of operator abuse or negligence, or the failure to install, operate, maintain and store the product according to the instructions in the owner’s manual.
5. Damage caused by cold, heat, rain, excessive humidity, corrosive environments and materials, or other contaminants.
6. Expendable items that become worn during normal use.
7. Freight costs from customer to vender.
8. Repair and transportation costs of products or parts determined not to be defective.
9. Any incidental, indirect or consequential loss, damage, or expense that may result from any defect, failure or malfunction of the product. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages so the above exclusions or limitations may not apply to you. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. You may have other rights which vary from state to state.
A defective unit must be returned, prepaid, with proof of purchase, well packaged to avoid damage in transit. Ship unit to Suncourt Inc. only after obtaining a Return Goods Authorization (RGA) number. Returns without this RGA number will not be accepted.
Actual product appearance may differ from illustrations. Suncourt reserves the right to modify any or all of its products' features, designs, components and specifications without notice.
Copyright 1998-2017 Suncourt Inc. All Rights Reserved
|Unit Box Size||Packaged Unit Weight||Units per Case||Case Size||Case Weight|